Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I went to see Amy Goodman speak tonight at the Tampa Theatre (in Tampa). I have to say that if there was ever a Nobel Prize for journalistic integrity, Amy should have it. After listening to her show, as often as possible, it's hard to watch something like CNN and give it even a shred of credibility. For example, the other night, Paula Zahn was doing one of those little 10 second promos for her show, you know, where she teases you with the big question of the day in hopes that you'll tune in to hear her in-depth and thought provoking analysis. Anyway, she was talking about Iranian president Ahmadinejad, how he's Bush's nemesis and all, then the big question: so, what's he doing on American soil? Well, Paula, he's at the freakin' U.N. General Assembly. That's what he's doing here. What a dumb question! Gee, I better tune in to the Paula Zahn show because I think she spotted this guy in the village and he might be up to something. He is, after all, Iranian and he might have one of those [nucular] weapons we keep hearing about with him and she's gonna get to the bottom of it. And aren't the Iranians supposed to be our new arch enemies? I don't know. Eurasia, Eastasia, what about the Malabar front? I can't keep it straight. I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on Paula though. She's just reading the cue cards. You know, the ones that come in the special envelopes.

No comments: